Popcorn machine catches fire in movie theater

FALLSTON, Md (WMAR) - A small fire inside a movie theater Tuesday, prompted an emergency response from local fire stations.

Just before 11:30 a.m., Fallston Volunteer Fire and Ambulance along with the Joppa - Magnolia Fire Company responded to the Horizon Cinemas located at 2315 Bel Air Road in Fallston.

Upon arrival, units discovered one of the buildings sprinkler systems activated after a popcorn machine caught fire.

No injuries  were reported according to Chief Dave Williams, of Fallston Volunteer Fire and Ambulance Company.

Print this article Back to Top