1 stick butter, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 tablespoons shortening, cut into 1/2 cubes
2-3 (or more) tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup confectionary sugar
1/2 cup teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon water
1. Mix flour and sugar in large mixing bowl. Add chilled butter and shortening and rub into the dry ingredients with fingertips until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2 Add water, the butter mixture and mix with fork until ingredients form a ball. Turn onto a work surface and with the heel of your hand, press the dough together until it is smooth. Dough can be rolled out immediately and baked or wrapped in plastic and chilled in the refrigerator until ready to be used.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Peel, halve and core peaches. Cut each half into 6 slices.
5. In a non-stick skillet, heat butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and stir in sugar. Add the peach slices to the skillet, sprinkle cinnamon and cool for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Cool peaches in skillet.
6. Roll out dough on a lightly floured work surface to 11-inch. Cut into six 5-inch rounds. Brush edge with egg wash. Transfer dough to a non-rimmed baking sheet.
7. Fill circles with 1 tablespoon of peach filling. Press and seal with fork. Bake 350 degrees 112 minutes cool and glaze.