• Check tire pressure regularly (at least once a month), including spare.
• Inspect tires for uneven wear patterns on the tread, cracks, foreign objects, or other signs of wear or trauma. Remove bits of glass and other foreign objects wedged in the tread.
• Make sure your tire valves have valve caps.
• Check tire pressure before going on a long trip.
• Do not overload your vehicle. Check the tire information placard or the owner's manual for the maximum recommended load for the vehicle.
• If you are towing a trailer, remember that some of the weight of the loaded trailer is transferred to the towing vehicle.
• Slow down if you have to go over a pothole or other object in the road.
• Do not run over curbs, and try not to strike the curb when parking.
* Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration