OXON HILL, Md. (AP) -
A Maryland man is in extremely critical condition after a house fire in Oxon Hill that caused more than $50,000 in damage.
A Prince George's County fire official says firefighters were called to a home in the 5100 block of Boulder Drive around 5:30 a.m. Sunday. Firefighters evacuated an approximately 50-year-old man from the home. He was taken to the hospital with burns smoke inhalation injuries.
The man's wife was also taken to the hospital with symptoms of smoke inhalation. Officials say she is in fair condition.
Investigators believe the cause of the fire may be a kerosene space heater. It took 30 firefighters approximately 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze.