House fire sparked during turkey preparation

LAUREL, Md. (AP) - Prince George's County firefighters say a house was heavily damaged when the residents were smoking a turkey on a propane grill on the rear deck.

The fire was reported about 11 p.m. Wednesday on Prince George Street in Laurel. Officials say the blaze started on the house's exterior and spread into the two-story home. 
 
One firefighter suffered an illness at the scene and was taken to a local hospital.
 
Damage was estimated at $100,000 and the family was displaced.
Print this article Back to Top

Comments