BALTIMORE - The man law enforcement officials said was responsible for eight bank robberies in the Baltimore area has been arrested.
The FBI announced that members of the Baltimore Violent Crimes Task Force arrested Tony Derrell Bunch on Tuesday without incident.
Bunch, 31, has already been charged with a robbery at the Bay Bank at 2637 Annapolis Road in Hanover on April 4.
The Task Force received information that led to his arrest based on the media coverage of the bank robberies. The Baltimore FBI Violent Crimes Task Force is made up of FBI agents and police detectives from Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Anne Arundel County.
The suspect's last robbery came April 8 when Bunch allegedly robbed the SunTrust Bank in the 100 blo.ck of Orville Road in Essex.
The same man is believed responsible for robberies at:
- Wells Fargo – 8522 Liberty Road, Randallstown, MD on April 7
- Bay Bank – 2637 Annapolis Road, Hanover, MD on April 4
- Wells Fargo – 8210 Gateway Overlook Drive, Elkridge, MD on April 4
- Wells Fargo – 582 Fredrick Road, Catonsville, MD on April 3
- Wells Fargo – 1726 East Northern Parkway, Baltimore, MD on March 29
- Wells Fargo – 860 North Rolling Road in Catonsville, MD on March 24
- Wells Fargo – 6309 York Road, in Baltimore, MD on March 25