Baseboard heater blamed for fatal fire

MYERSVILLE, Md. -  

Fire officials say a blaze that killed two young sisters last month was accidentally ignited when drapes came in contact with a baseboard heater.
 
The Frederick County Sheriff's Office said Monday that investigators found that the heater, in the first-floor living room, was behind a couch and came in contact with drapes. 
 
The Jan. 31 fire in Myersville killed 6-year-old Sophie Paige Lillard and 3-year-old Madigan Grace Lillard. Four other family members were injured.
 
The News-Post of Frederick reports that investigators found that smoke detectors in the home did not work in the fire.
Print this article Back to Top

Comments