2 workers hurt in flash fire at UMd. dorm

COLLEGE PARK, Md. - Authorities say two workers were injured in a flash fire as they worked on the roof of a dorm at the University of Maryland College Park.

Prince George's County Fire and EMS spokesman Mark Brady says the pair was working on a heating and air conditioning unit on the roof of Oakland Hall on Monday morning when the fire occurred, accompanied by a blast. He says no fire was evident by the time fire fighters arrived.

Brady says one worker was taken to a hospital in serious condition with possible burns and lacerations that were not considered life-threatening and the other had minor injuries.

Brady says no students were injured. Most students are currently on winter break until the spring term begins later this month.
 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments