Three hospitalized by carbon monoxide fumes

FORT MEADE, Md. - Three people were hospitalized Friday afternoon after carbon monoxide fumes forced the evacuation of an Army Reserve center at Fort Meade, police said.

According to police, two ventilation vents malfunctioned and caused fumes into the training center at about 11:00 a.m. The building was evacuated and 45 people were medically evaluated. Of those 45, three were transported for treatment at the Baltimore Washington Medical Center. No conditions on the three were available, but their conditions were not life-threatening.

The Reserve Center was cleared and work began to repair the vents. Staffers were allowed back into the building two-and-half hours later.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments