ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION, Md (WMAR) - Two hundred employees at Taylor Farms Food Service were evacuated Saturday morning following an ammonia leak.
Howard County Fire crews responded to the business, located in the 9000 block of Junction Drive in Annapolis Junction, where they identified an ammonia leak from a refrigerator inside the warehouse.
Three out of the 200 employees were treated at the scene, but refused transportation to an area hospital.
A special operations team was called to the scene where they stopped the leak and ventilated the building.
Crews determined that the leak was the result of a "failed gasket in a refrigerant piping system."