Discarded cigarette triggers Harford Co fire

HAVRE DE GRACE, Md - A home in Harford County was damaged by a fire Wednesday that started from a discarded cigarette.

The Office of the State Fire Marshall says the fire happened in the 200 block of Chapel Road in Havre de Grace around 3 pm.  Crew were able to get the fire out in about 15 minutes, but one of the homeowners had to go to the hospital for an unrelated medical incident.

Investigation showed the fire started on the rear porch and was started by a cigarette someone threw into a wood pile next to the porch.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments