Two boys were injured Saturday after one of them poured gasoline onto a backyard fire in Bel Air.
According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, a small group of pre-teens were having a supervised, orderly party with a campfire outside a home in the 1300 block of Gunston Drive in Bel Air.
Around 7:46 p.m., the parent stepped into the house and a 12-year-old boy grabbed a bottle filled with gasoline and poured it on the fire, fire officials said.
The resulting flash fire injured the 12-year-old and an 11-year-old boy, according to deputy fire marshals.
Both boys were treated by Bel Air volunteer firefighters at the scene and the 12-year-old was flown to Johns Hopkins Children's Center for treatment while the 11-year-old was taken to the same hospital by ambulance.
Both boys are expected to make a full recovery. No charges are expected because investigators do not believe there was any malicious intent.