Accidental fire claims man's life

One man is dead after a fire inside a camper style trailer in Queen Anne’s County.

Investigators are looking into a fire that claimed the life of 59 year old Perry G. Hoxter.

More than 30 firefighters were called to put out the one alarm blaze at 509 Fox Meadow Drive in Queen Anne.

The fire is believed to have started after the man ignited a kerosene heater, which caused some spilled kerosene to ignite on the floor around him.

Hoxter’s body was found after the fire was brought under control.

The victim’s wife was able to escape the blaze unharmed.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments