Space heater causes fire that kills three-year-old

RISING SUN (MD) -  

Fire officials say a portable space heater is to blame for a fire that killed a three-year-old girl. 
 
The fire broke out over the weekend at her family's mobile home in Rising Sun.
 
They say the heater fell from a dresser and got tangled up with clothes and other flammable items. 
 
According to the medical examiner, Alyssa Johnson died from burns and smoke inhalation. 
 
Johnson's great-grandmother made it out alive but was seriously hurt.
 
Officials say the home did not have working smoke detectors. 
Print this article Back to Top

Comments