CHESAPEAKE CITY, Md. - Firefighters were called to the scene of a 2-alarm fire in Cecil County Thursday morning. They battled flames and smoke for several hours.
Officials say the fire broke out at about 7:55 a.m. on Hollywood Beach Road with heavy fire visible on approach.
A woman was home at the time the fire broke out. Fire officials say she smelled smoke and went to her bedroom where she found a space heater on fire.
The second alarm was reportedly struck due to a lack of manpower from the first alarm.
No injuries have been reported.