Warming centers are opening across the state Tuesday for those who can't find relief from the bitter cold in their homes.
In Baltimore County, the North Point Government center will be open around the clock through Wednesday to give people a warm place to say. Officials say they are also adding extra beds to their three existing shelters.
In Anne Arundel County, seven senior activity centers will be open Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Those centers are:
- Annapolis Senior Center - 119 South Villa Ave. Annapolis
- Arnold Senior Center - 44 Church Rd. Arnold
- O'Malley Senior Center - 1275 Odenton Rd. Odenton
- Pasadena Senior Center - 4103 Mountain Rd. Pasadena
- Pascal Senior Center - 125 Dorsey Rd. Glen Burnie
- South County Senior Center - 27 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
- Brooklyn Park Senior Center - 22 Hammonds Lane, Baltimore
Some county police district stations are also open for those who need a warm spot:
- Northern District, 939 Hammonds Lane, Baltimore 21225
- Eastern District, 3700 Mountain Road, Pasadena 21122
- Western District, 8273 Telegraph Road, Odenton 21133
- Southern District, 35 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater 21027
In Harford County, its libraries will be available for warming centers during regular business hours. The Bel Air branch is open Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; all other branches of the are open to the public from 1 to 8 p.m
Libraries in Harford County are located at the following addresses:
- Aberdeen, 21 Franklin Street, 21001
- Abingdon, 2510 Tollgate Road, 21009
- Bel Air, 100 E. Pennsylvania Avenue, 21014
- Darlington, 1134 Main Street, 21034
- Edgewood, 629 Edgewood Road, 21040
- Fallston, 1461 Fallston Road, 21047
- Havre de Grace, 120 N. Union Avenue, 21078
- Jarrettsville, 3722 Norrisville Road, 21084
- Joppa, 655 Towne Center Drive, 21085
- Norrisville, 5310 Norrisville Road, 21161
- Whiteford, 2407 Whiteford Road, 21160
In Carroll County, senior and community centers as well as county libraries will be open and warm.