LANDSDOWNE, Md. -
Twenty-seven senior citizens are in temporary housing and a firefighter was hurt after flames raced through a senior apartment complex Friday night.
Firefighters were called to the Coursey Station Apartments on 200 1 st Avenue in Landsdowne around 10 p.m. Friday for a report of an alarm sounding. Crews arriving at the scene found smoky conditions and discovered a fire in the electric panels of the building which then spread to the attic.
The residents of the building run by Catholic Charities were evacuated and the flames were brought under control at 2:30am.
A fire fighter was taken to the hospital with an ankle injury and one person was treated for chest pains.
The Baltimore County Fire Department, County Emergency Management and the Red Cross worked with the complex management to find temporary housing for the 27 displaced residents.