Man burned in mechanic shop fire

Truck explodes inside business

PARKVILLE, Md. (WMAR) - A worker at the Mr. Tire in Parkville is recovering from non-life threatening burn injuries after a truck burst into flames.

Lieutenant Paul Massarelli, spokesperson for the Baltimore County Fire Department, said that an employee of the mechanic shop was working on a car, but when he turned the ignition, a fire ignited in the truck.

Another employee was walking by when the fire started and was burned by the blaze.

Massarelli advised that the shop, located in the 7700 block of Harford Road, was not damaged by the fire, but did receive minor smoke damage.

The worker who was burned has been transported to Bayview Burn Center for treatment.

Hazmat crews are on the scene for precaution because the oil stored in the basement has been mixed with water.

 The fire has been determined to be accidental.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments