Elderly displaced after fire in senior complex

COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WMAR) - A small kitchen fire forced several senior citizens out of their assisted living apartments in Cockeysville Saturday night, officials said.

A spokesman for the Baltimore County  Fire Department said about twelve pieces of equipment were called to the Warren Place apartments located in the old Cockeysville Elementary School for a report of a fire. When fire crews arrived they quickly put out a minor kitchen fire. No one was hurt, but water from the sprinkler system damaged three units in addition to the one affected by the flames.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents whose units are not inhabitable due to smoke and water damage. The Department of Aging has also been notified according to a fire official.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments