20 forced out of assisted living building during fire

TOWSON, Md. -  

It was a cold night for some at this assisted living building in Towson. About 20 people were forced out of the building after a fire broke out inside a trash compactor.

It happened at the "Virginia Towers" near the Towson Town Center around 11 last night.

The fire was contained to the trash compactor, but smoke spread throughout several floors of the building.

No one was injured.

Several MTA buses were brought in to provide shelter for residents. They were allowed to return to the building about 2 hours later.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments