Thieves break into evacuated Charles Village homes

BALTIMORE - Being forced to leave everything you own and not able to return to your house can be difficult.

For people living on E. 26th St. in Charles Village, life got much worse after someone broke into their evacuated homes.

Nineteen houses were evacuated April 30 after the block collapsed . Out of those, two houses were reported broken into by the homeowners.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said in a statement she was outraged by the break-ins and vowed to double police presence in the area.

Vincent DeMarco, who owns a business around the corner, was amazed someone would burglarize the homes.

“I can't believe someone did that,” he said.

Rawlings-Blake also said that a 24-hour city watch surveillance camera would be installed.

So far no arrests have been made.
 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments