BALTIMORE (AP) - Thousands of spectators are expected to crowd streets and sidewalks for the 58th annual Baltimore St. Patrick Parade.
Organizers say that Baltimore's St. Patrick Parade is truly the jewel in Maryland's emerald crown.
The event starts at 2 p.m. Sunday.
The parade begins the Washington Monument and proceeds to Pratt Street and Market Place.
During the parade, participants can enjoy Irish culture, music, song and dance.
Organizers say that the St. Patrick Parade is a tradition that has charmed the city for more than 50 years.
St. Patrick Parade Road Closures
The following streets will be closed during the parade:
11:30 a.m. - Market Place from Pratt to Water Streets
11:30 a.m. - Charles Street from Centre Street to Madison Avenue
11:30 a.m. - Centre Street from Cathedral to St. Paul Streets
12:00 p.m. - Charles Street from Mulberry to Centre Streets
1:00 p.m. - Charles Street from Centre to Conway Streets
1:45 p.m. - Pratt Street from Howard to President Streets
The following parking restrictions will be in effect along the parade route from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.:
· Mt. Vernon Place from Cathedral to St. Paul Streets (both sides)
· Centre Street from Cathedral to St. Paul Streets (both sides)
· Charles Street from Conway to Read Streets (both sides)
· Conway Street from Charles to Light Streets (south side)
· Market Place from Pratt to Water Streets (both sides)
· Pratt Street from Gay to President Streets (north side)