BALTIMORE (WMAR) - Fierce heat and extreme conditions have been the scene in Baltimore over the last few days.
The code red has been extended through Wednesday, July 18.
Each center will have cool air and free water. The centers will be open from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
- Northern Community Action Center -- 5225 York Road
- Southern Community Action Center -- 606 Cherry Hill Road (inside the shopping center 2nd floor)
- Northwest Community Action Center -- 3939 Reisterstown Road
- Southeastern Community Action Center -- 3411 Bank Street
- Eastern Community Action Center - 1400 E. Federal Street
- Waxter Center -- 1000 Cathedral Street
- Oliver Center -- 1700 N. Gay Street
- Sandtown-Winchester Center -- 1601 Baker Street
- Hatton Center -- 2825 Fait Avenue
- John Booth -- 229 1/2 S. Eaton Street
- Zeta Center -- 4501 Reisterstown Road
Additionally, the Department of Recreation and Parks will open seven recreation centers as cooling centers in areas with the greatest number of homes without electricity.
- Chick Webb Recreation Center, 623 Eden St.
- Ella Bailey Recreation Center, 100 E. Heath St.
- James McHenry Recreation Center, 911 Hollins St.
- Locust Point Recreation Center, 1627 E. Fort Ave.
- Mount Royal Recreation Center, 120 W. Mosher St.
- Robert C. Marshall Recreation Center, 1201 Pennsylvania Ave.