BARCS Animal Shelter said July 5 is one of the busiest days of the year due to Independence Day festivities.
BARCS has advice for animal owners to keep their pets safe this holiday:
- Give your pet a play period before guests arrive.
- Play with your pet away from fire and fireworks
- Give your pet healthy treats of people food.
- Keep an eye on your indoor pet to make sure it doesn’t escape.
- Make sure your pet has an ID tag on its collar.
- Take a photo of your pet, in case the animal goes missing.
If you pet does go missing, BARCS will be open on July 5 at 2:00 p.m.