Baltimore's New Year's Spectacular at the Inner Harbor will close many roads downtown.
The following streets will be closed from 11:00 p.m. December 31, 2012 until event ending:
- Pratt Street will be closed at Charles Street – Pratt Street traffic will be diverted onto northbound Charles Street to continue east on Baltimore Street.
- Lombard Street will be closed at President Street - Westbound Lombard Street traffic will be diverted at President Street to continue west on Fayette Street.
- Northbound I-395 traffic will be detoured north on Howard Street. No access will be allowed onto Conway Street.
- Light Street at Lombard Street – southbound Light Street traffic will be diverted onto Lombard Street to continue south on Sharp or Hanover Streets.
- Northbound Light Street at Lee Street – Northbound Light Street traffic will be diverted onto Lee Street to continue north on Charles Street.
- Baltimore Street will be closed at Gay Street - Eastbound Baltimore Street traffic will be diverted north onto Gay Street to continue east on Fayette Street.
Temporary commercial vehicle restrictions will be in effect from 4:00p.m. on December 31 until 3:00a.m. Tuesday. Commerical vehicles will only be allowed downtown for local deliveries. Tanker trailers will not permitted downtown.
The following streets will be affected by the temporary commercial vehicle restrictions:
- Fayette Street from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard (MLK) to President Street (no commercial vehicles will be allowed to travel on or south of Fayette Street)
- President Street from Aliceanna to Fayette Streets (no commercial vehicles will be allowed to travel on or west of President Street)
- Light Street from Pratt Street to Key Highway
- Key Highway from Light to McComas Streets
- Hanover Street from McComas to Montgomery Streets (no commercial vehicles will be allowed north of McComas Street, including Hanover Street)
- Pratt and Lombard Streets from MLK Jr. Boulevard to President Street
- I-395 at the MLK split to Pratt Street (no commercial vehicles will be permitted on I-395)
No commercial vehicle traffic east of MLK Jr. Boulevard from the I-395 split to Fayette Street
The following parking restrictions will be in effect from 6:00 p.m. December 31, 2012 until 3:00 a.m. January 1, 2013:
- West side of Gay Street from Pratt to Fayette Streets
- East side of Calvert Street from Pratt to Fayette Streets
- Both sides of Baltimore Street from Charles to Gay Streets
- South side of Key Highway from Light to William Streets
During the event, the Charm City Circulator will operate with extended hours until 1:00 a.m.