Attorneys seeking victims in case against former Hopkins gynecologist
11:39 AM, Jan 20, 2014
5:48 PM, Jan 20, 2014
BALTIMORE - Attorneys involved in a class action lawsuit following allegations that a Johns Hopkins gynecologist illegally and secretly recorded thousands of patients for years have officially sent out notice seeking victims associated with the case.
Lead attorney Jonathan Schochor said late last year that there were 3,800 victims known to date, but there could be as many as 9,000 potential plaintiffs included in the settlement class in the case involving Dr. Nikita Levy. According to a news release sent out by the victims' attorneys, those treated by Levy between April 26, 1988 and Feb. 8, 2013 are included in this case.
Allegations against Levy became public in February after a colleague brought to light charges that he made photos and videos of his patients during treatment of his patients. Attorneys of the victims also allege Levy – who committed suicide not long after the allegations became public – engaged in "sexual boundary violations" while treating patients. Attorneys for the victims said the important part of this process is to reach people who may not know they were victims.
Hopkins officials said last year they plan on working with the victims' attorneys to resolve this case and agreed to the class action classification.
If you believe you are a class member to this case, you must register to be included in any settlement. Potential victims can register at
www.DrLevyClassAction.com or call 855-731-7491.