Man rescued from burning apartment

GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WMAR) -  

An Anne Arundel County man was rescued from his burning home Thursday night. 
 
At about midnight, crews were dispatched to a report of an apartment fire in the 200 block of Woodhill Drive in Glen Burnie. The first units reported smoke on all floors. 
 
During a search of the apartment building, firefighters located and rescued an unconscious 55-year-old male who was transported to a local hospital with serious, but non-life threatening injuries. 
 
A total of 24 firefighters were able to bring the fire under control quickly and contain it to the apartment that it started in. 
 
The cause is believed to be unattended cooking. 
 
Officials say there was a total of $1,500 worth of damage. 
Print this article Back to Top

Comments