Explosion, gas leak forces famlies from homes

GLEN BURNIE, Md. - Several families were forced out of their homes Thursday night after an explosion followed by a gas leak erupted in a Glen Burnie community.

Anne Arundel County Fire officials said they were called to the 1300 block of Meadowvale Road after reports of an explosion.

When crews arrived on the scene, they reported the smell of natural gas in the area.

While it is unclear how many homes were evacuated, firefighters determined it was unsafe for a number of people to stay in their houses.

Fire officials report the home where the explosion occurred was unoccupied at the time.  Additionally, there were no injuries reported.

Baltimore Gas and Electric Crews and a state building inspector were called to the scene.

The cause of the gas leak and explosion have yet to be determined.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments