Crofton apartment fire causes $15K in damages

CROFTON, Md. - Improperly discarded smoking materials is to blame for an apartment fire Thursday in Crofton.

The Anne Arundel County Fire Department said crews responded at around 5:30 p.m. to a reported apartment fire in the 1600 block of Parkridge Circle.

The fire began on the balcony of a second-floor apartment in the three-story building and entered the living area where the early activation of the building's sprinkler system contained the fire until firefighters arrived.

In all, it took 35 firefighters about 20 minutes to get the fire under control and discover the source of the blaze. No additional residents were displaced and no injuries reported. The resident were offered, but declined the assistance of Red Cross. The total estimated damage was $15,000.
 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments