Careless smoking caused Glen Burnie apartment blaze, fire officials said

GLEN BURNIE, Md. - Careless smoking was ruled to be the cause of an apartment fire that damaged 11 units last week in Glen Burnie.

Anne Arundel County Fire Department Division Chief Keith Swindle said Monday the fire, which neighbors said started in a hoarder's unit, was ruled an accident.

The fire broke out early in the morning on Febr.18 in the 200 block of Water Fountain Court and one person went to the hospital with minor injuries.

At the time of the fire neighbors told ABC2 News the resident of the apartment the fire started in was a hoarder and the apartment was filled with old newspapers and boxes among other itesm.  The fire department has not confirmed the resident was a hoarder.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments