ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY - With Maryland dealing with yet another round of frigid temperatures, Anne Arundel County officials are opening 11 warming centers for those who need a place to escape the cold.
The centers will be open from now until Monday March 3.
Here is a full list of locations:
- Northern District, 939 Hammonds Lane, Baltimore 21225
- Eastern District, 3700 Mountain Road, Pasadena 21122
- Western District, 8273 Telegraph Road, Odenton 21133
- Southern District, 35 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater 21027
- Annapolis Senior Activity Center - 119 South Villa Ave., Annapolis
- Arnold Senior Activity Center – 44 Church Road, Arnold
- Brooklyn Park Senior Activity Center - 202 Hammonds Lane, Brooklyn Park
- O'Malley Senior Activity Center - 1275 Odenton Rd., Odenton
- Pasadena Senior Activity Center - 4103 Mountain Rd., Pasadena
- Pascal Senior Activity Center - 125 Dorsey Rd., Glen Burnie
- South County Senior Center - 27 Stepneys Lane, Edgewater
The police district stations are open 24 hours a day. Senior activity centers are open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Anyone who needs a ride to one of the warming centers can call the Department of Aging and Disabilities Transportation Program between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at 410-222-4826.