Preschooler finds Xanax in an Easter egg

ROSEVILLE, MI - Easter egg hunts are a staple of the holiday. But one school event in Michigan ends with parents up in arms, after a preschooler found a Xanax pill inside of the eggs.

Xanax is a drug commonly used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.

Thankfully the girl's parents found the pill before the 4-year-old ate it - but many other parents at the school say the situation could have been much worse.

“I’m really shocked, especially since it was a really little kid,” said Janice Terry, a parent at the school.

“It’s enough if you have a problem with Xanax, but don’t bring our kids into it, it’s an elementary school, they could’ve eaten it like a piece of candy,” said Amber Ross, a parent who lives nearby the school.

The school asks for donations for Easter activities, so it isn't clear if the drug came from somewhere inside or outside the school.

Police are investigating and the school is looking into it as well.

Print this article Back to Top