How to file a child care complaint

Think your childcare facility is breaking a regulation?  Click here to see how to file a complaint.

  • Find the right regional licensing office (see list with links below)
  • File your complaint in-person or verbally
  • Request that the Regional Licensing Office inform you of the results of their investigation
  • You may also go to the OCC Regional Licensing Office's to see the public portion of the licensing or registration file on the facility where you are considering enrolling your child.


Region  1   -- Anne Arundel County

Region  2  -- Baltimore City

Region 3  -- Baltimore County

Region  4   -- Prince George's County

Region  5   -- Montgomery County

Region 6  -- Howard County | Carroll County

Region 7 (Western Maryland)  -- Garrett County Field Office | Allegany County | Washington County

Region 8 (Upper Shore)  -- Kent County | Talbot County | Dorchester County | Queen Anne's County | Caroline County

Region 9 (Lower Shore)  -- Somerset County | Wicomico County | Worcester County

Region 10 (Southern Tri-County)   -- Calvert County | Charles County | St. Mary's County

Region 11 (North Central)   -- Harford County | Cecil County

Region 12 --  Frederick  County Office

Print this article Back to Top