The holiday season is over and it's now time for "me time."
It's been a month of non-stop cooking for your family and friends. Why not treat yourself to a nice night out on the town and have someone else do the grunt work. Local restaurants are definitely willing and able Family-friendly menus and atmospheres should be a welcomed change to slaving over your kitchen stove.
While you're checking out the menus, look for some of the newest restaurant trends. The National Restaurant Association just released their list of ‘Top Trends for 2013.'
1. Locally sourced meats and seafood
2. Locally grown produce
3. Healthful kids' meals
4. Environmental sustainability as a culinary theme
5. Children's nutrition as a culinary theme
6. New cuts of meat (e.g. Denver steak, pork flat iron, teres major)
7. Hyper-local sourcing (e.g. restaurant gardens)
8. Gluten-free cuisine
9. Sustainable seafood
10. Whole grain items in kids' meals
The List is an entertainment news magazine show, highlighting the latest national stories and some of the hottest events, stories, and places to see in Baltimore. It airs locally on WMAR/ABC2 at 7pm; you can also check out their content on www.thelistshow.tv.