With the number of flu cases spreading across the country a health and fitness expert has offered up 5 ways to boost your immunity naturally.
Budge Collinson is the founder of Infusion Sciences and creator of natural multivitamin producer, Youth Infusion .
You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor about your health decisions.
5 Natural Ways to Boost Immunity
· Vitamin D: This more than other Vitamins is key to preventing disease and maintaining strong bone strength. The best source of Vitamin D is sunlight but since it's rare in the Winter, you can get your daily dose of it through certain foods like Salmon, Tuna… It's also available through Vitamin Supplements, in pill or powder form.
· Add More Garlic to Your Diet: Eating certain foods can give you the extra boost you need to keep your immune system strong. One of those foods is garlic because of its is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Those help prevent infections from taking hold and spreading.
· SLEEP: When you're body is tired, it doesn't have the strength to fight off infection. This is why getting a good night's rest is key in keeping disease away.
· Get Moving: Exercise is well known to being key in keeping you healthy. But doing it on a daily basis can help give your immune system an extra boost.
· Water, Water, Water: You can never say it enough. It's increasingly important that you stay hydrated and drink water. That's at least 6 to 8, 8 ounce glasses a day. It keeps your energy up and also helps keep your immunity up.
For more information and advice about the flu visit abc2news.com/flu .