Monkton man charged in wife's murder

Tucked back on more than 20 acres of land in a million dollar home, Glen Treslar and his wife were seemingly enjoying their twilight years.
"He would walk up the street and whenever he would pass by, the two of us would stand out here and chat for 20 minutes... the sweetest guy in the world," said Peter Quigley, a neighbor.
But now the 81-year old Treslar is behind bars charged with the death of his wife, Yvonne, who was 78.
Deputies learned of the murder on Monday afternoon after someone asked them to check on the couple.
"Now when we arrived at the home, an elderly male approached officers and told them that he had just shot his wife," said Cpl. John Wachter of the Baltimore County Police Department.
They discovered her bullet-ridden body on the bedroom floor.
Treslar later told them that the two had been arguing when he went to get a handgun and shot her.
The only reason he offered was that he wanted her "very dead", and the violence did not end there.
"She was declared deceased at the scene,” said Wachter, “Officers also found a deceased dog in the kitchen of the location."
According to charging documents, Treslar killed the dog with a separate gun, which may suggest he had emptied the chamber of the revolver on his wife before he decided to take out the pet as well.
"That's all I can think of is he just... something happened and he just lost it, but then shoot the dog?" said Quigley.
Treslar is being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center on a first-degree murder charge.
An 81-year-old Monkton man has been accused of shooting his 78-year-old wife to death on Monday, Baltimore County police said.

Police said Glen Henry Treslar, of the  16500 block of Garfield Ave., shot his wife, Yvonne Treslar, following an argument.Glen Tresler was charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the Baltimore County Detention Center without bail.

Officers were dispatched to the couple's home for a possible shooting at about 3:07 p.m. Monday. According to charging documents, Treslar met police at the door and said he just shot his wife. She was found on the bedroom having been shot multiple times.

According to charging documents, Traslar said he wanted his wife "very dead."

Yvonne Treslar’s body was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy. Police said Glen Tresler also shot the family dog with another gun and offered no reason for shooting his wife or the dog.

Print this article Back to Top