BALTIMORE, Md - Detectives with the Baltimore Police Citywide Robbery Unit arrested two suspects Monday accused of in a robbery spree that targeted at least nine area businesses.
Officials say the arrests were the result of a joint investigation with city officers and officers with the Baltimore County Police Department.
Officials say a tip from a community member ultimately led police to the location of the suspects.
Ryan Avon Leonard, 20, of Hinsdale Drive and Tayron Garrick Jones of Mallview Road have each been arrested and charged with multiple counts of armed robbery, assault, theft and use of a handgun during the commission of a violent crime.
Police believe the area of operation for the suspects was limited to the Lakeland area of south Baltimore and the Landsdowne area of Baltimore County.
Cases in which investigators believe Jones and Leonard were involved:
1) SD, Monday, August 6, 2012 (0523 hrs), 2001 W. Patapsco Ave. (Dunkin Donuts)
2) SD, Friday, August 3, 2012 (0930 hrs), 2109 W. Patapsco Ave. (Bargain Cigarettes)
3) SD, Tuesday, July 24, 2012 (0543 hrs), 2001 W. Patapsco Ave. (Dunkin Donuts)
5) SD, Thursday, July 19, 2012 (1151 hrs), 2109 W. Patapsco Ave. (Bargain Cigarettes)
6) SD, Friday, July 13, 2012 (0158 hrs), 3204 Hollins Ferry Road (7-Eleven)
7) SD, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 (1034 hrs), 2600 Hollins Ferry Road (Young's Food Market)
8) SD, Sunday, June 10, 2012 (0445 hrs), 3204 Hollins Ferry Road (7-Eleven)
9) 2 commercial armed robberies in the Precinct 1/Wilkens area of Baltimore County