HANOVER, Md. - Several suspects have been charged following a prostitution sting operation conducted by the Anne Arundel County police.
Detectives from the Special Enforcement Section in conjunction with The Extended Stay of America conducted a prostitution sting after a recent increase of prostitution activity.
Undercover detectives posed as escorts on websites known for prostitution activity and received calls and text messages from several numbers.
The contacts asked to negotiate prices and schedule appointments.The following suspects were charged with prostitution as a result of responding to the ads:
- Prasada Tyadi, 43, of Elkridge
- Ryan Adams, 31, of Westminster
- Richard Cookson, 44, of Elkridge
- Diego Lucero, 31, of Annapolis
- Mark Smidga Sr., 35, of Glen Burnie
- Gerald Turner Jr., 41, of Baltimore