The man who snuck into a high school in Anne Arundel County -- and was later found to be the owner of several high-powered weapons -- remains in custody.
Police say on February 4 th, 25-year-old Justin Beaumont snuck into North County High School and wandered through the hallways.
Charging documents show when he was confronted, he told a school resource officer he had been bullied when he attended North County several years earlier.
He also claimed to be a veteran of the Iraq war, which authorities now say he is not.
Then police learned Beaumont is the owner of an Uzi, an AK-47 assault rifle, two other rifles, three pistols and with plenty of ammunition.
"The behavior that he exhibited had all those concerned at the time that there might be some mental health issues that we'd like to have some knowledge of and the court would like to be able to address," said Anne Arundel County Deputy State's Attorney Tom Fleckenstein.
Since the incident, Beaumont has been at Sheppard-Pratt Hospital undergoing a mental evaluation.
He had a bail hearing on Wednesday, and was not granted bail -- a rare move in a trespassing case.
The prosecutor said the judge wants more information about Beaumont's mental status.
"The incident itself raised some great concerns on the part of school officials and the part of law enforcement officials that this might be an individual who had some mental health issues and obviously weapons," Fleckenstein said.
That is an acceptable combination for law enforcement, especially less than two months after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticu.
Beaumont has now been moved from Sheppard-Pratt to the Anne Arundel County Detention Center. His weapons remain in the custody of Anne Arundel County Police.
As authorities determine what to do next, another question remains -- is there any scenario where Beaumont might get those weapons back?
"I think it's premature to answer that, I think in the short term the answer certainly is no," Fleckenstein said.
Long term, that will depends on whether Beaumont is convicted, what his sentence would be (the maximum is six months), and the mental health evaluation.
His attorney, Frank Gray, told ABC-2 News, "I understand they are proceeding cautiously while the investigation continues. I understand how the facts are perceived and the need to slow things down until we learn more and have his bail hearing."
That next bail hearing is scheduled for February 26 th. At that time the judge in the case is expected to have more information about any mental health issues Beaumont is dealing with -- and whether he should be set free to await his trial.