Angry waves, heavy rain and strong winds began battering areas of the East Coast along the path of Hurricane Arthur as it began moving toward the coast Thursday.
Numerous live cameras in North Carolina/South Carolina provide a view of the hurricane's wrath.
Here is a collection of links to available webcams up and down the coast. Note that many of these webcams could go down as the storm moves through.
- US Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md. - Weatherbug Cam
- Plim Plaza, Ocean City, Md. - Weatherbug Cam
- Folly Beach, S.C. – Surfchex Cam
- Myrtle Beach, S.C. – Earthcam
- Holden Beach, N.C. – Earthcam | Dropcam
- Wrightsville Beach, N.C. – Surfchex Cam
- Kure Beach, N.C. – Surfchex Cam
- Waves, N.C. – Surfchex Cam
- Nags Head, N.C. – Surfchex Cam
- Hatteras, N.C. – Surfchex Cam
As of Thursday morning, Hurricane Arthur was forecast to skim the coast of North Carolina, possibly making landfall in the Outer Banks.