BGE, families settle in suit surrounding deadly gas leak explosion

BALTIMORE - Baltimore Gas and Electric has settled a law suit with the family of an 8-year-old boy and the residents of the Baltimore rowhome that exploded and collapsed, killing him.

In May, the family of 8-year-old Troy Douglas and the people who were living in the North Lakewood Ave home filed suit against the company claiming  natural gas was leaking for a period of time before the February explosion toppled a wall on top of the boy on his way home from school.

The couple renting the home suffered burns and attorneys said the woman was pregnant at the time.

BGE confirmed to ABC2 News that the suit has been resolved, but the details would not be released.

“The parties have agreed to a settlement and they agreed to keep the details confidential,” Attorney Joe Williams said. “I do know that nothing’s going to bring the little boy back.”

Print this article Back to Top

Comments