Three poisoned by carbon monoxide from generator

Remember to not use generators in closed spaces

NORTH LAUREL, Md. - Three people were poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator running inside a home.

One male is in critical life-threatening condition, and two females are in serious condition. All three victims were taken to shock trauma.

Howard County firefighters went to the home, located in the 9700 block of Brevard Street in North Laurel after one of the females called 911. Firefighters then found carbon monoxide levels that were 30 times above normal levels.

The generator was at the bottom of the stairs on the ground floor in a doorway into the garage.

Follow these generator safety tips .

Print this article Back to Top

Comments