Suspect in deadly NYC crash yet to surrender

 

NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City man suspected of driving the car that killed a pregnant woman, her husband and ultimately their child may turn himself in -- but he hasn't so far.
 
A friend of the driver police identified as 44-year-old Julio Acevedo told the Associated Press Tuesday that Acevedo was going to surrender to police. The friend, Derrick Hamilton, says Acevedo was meeting with a lawyer first. But by early today Acevedo had not come forward.
 
Acevedo told the Daily News of New York that he was speeding down a residential street in Brooklyn's Williamsburg section early Sunday because he was fleeing a gunman who was trying to shoot him. He crashed into a hired car carrying 21-year-old couple Nachman and Raizy Glauber.
Print this article Back to Top

Comments