Doctors looking into whether hand sanitizer caused girl's shirt to catch fire

Hand sanitizer cause girl to catch fire?

An Oregon girl is in serious condition after her clothes mysteriously caught on fire.  Doctors are now looking into whether hand sanitizer may be the cause.

The little girl was staying at the hospital being treated for a head injury when the incident happened, according to KABC.  Doctors say they saw her running out of her room with her shirt on fire.  They aren't sure how it started, but they did tell KABC the girl used hand sanitizer and wiped it on her shirt right before it caught fire.

The hospital is waiting for the fire marshal to finish the investigation.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments