Jordyn Wieber of United States on the Vault during training sessions for Artistic Gymnastics ahead of the 2012 Olympic Games at Greenwich Training Academy on July 26, 2012 in London, England. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Some big events are set to take place at the London Olympics today.
Here are your top 5 events to watch.
1. Women's Gymnastics Floor: Jordyn Wieber of the US takes part in the floor competition. She is hoping to medal in today's event.
2. Men's 1500 meters: Asbel Kiprop has the best time in the world this year, but he will have a fight by his countrymen Silas Kiplagat and Nixon Chebseba.
3. Men's Soccer: Japan takes on Mexico and Brazil faces off with South Korea.
4. Beach Volleyball: The US takes on China in one match, in another match Brazil plays the US.
5. Men's Cycling: Will Britain's Chris Hoy defend his title and take home the gold?
((Copyright: CNN News))
Top Sports Headlines
The only finger-pointing Baltimore Orioles closer Jim Johnson did after blowing his second straight save after converting a club-record 35 in a row was at himself.