If running a marathon is something you really want to do, we have 6 steps that will help you make your maiden run a good one. Here are the tips from active.com.
1. Commit. It's one thing to say you're going to run one. It's another to actually sign up for one and commit to doing it.
2. Connect. The website suggests finding people either at a running store or other places to help you motivate to train.
3. Conspire. Pick the right training plan to make sure you're ready for the race.
4. Consistency. Make sure your plan is something you can do consistantly over a long period of time.
5. Doubt. At some point during your training, you will doubt whether you can actually finish the marathon.
6. Conserve. "Once you are in a running groove, you’ll find that running is pretty effortless."
For more on the article, click here .
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Sports Headlines
Chris Davis cleared the fences twice, giving him a major-league leading 26 homers, to help the Baltimore Orioles beat the Detroit Tigers 13-3 Wednesday.