FORT MEADE, Md. - Three people were hospitalized Friday afternoon after carbon monoxide fumes forced the evacuation of an Army Reserve center at Fort Meade, police said.
According to police, two ventilation vents malfunctioned and caused fumes into the training center at about 11:00 a.m. The building was evacuated and 45 people were medically evaluated. Of those 45, three were transported for treatment at the Baltimore Washington Medical Center. No conditions on the three were available, but their conditions were not life-threatening.
The Reserve Center was cleared and work began to repair the vents. Staffers were allowed back into the building two-and-half hours later.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Inside the Baltimore Police Department's watch center is the hub from which city police can view hundreds of crime cameras, pull up street corners and follow suspicious activity sometimes in progress; fancy hardware increasingly complimenting witty software.
ABC2 Investigators uncover Baltimore Police officers making huge amounts of overtime as the agency downplays the total amount spent on OT.
Scripps reviewed dozens of lawsuits and spoke with former insiders who all allege the companies that handle Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s asbestos and pollution claims, wrongfully delay or deny payment to cancer victims...
More Howard County News