ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION, Md (WMAR) - Two hundred employees at Taylor Farms Food Service were evacuated Saturday morning following an ammonia leak.
Howard County Fire crews responded to the business, located in the 9000 block of Junction Drive in Annapolis Junction, where they identified an ammonia leak from a refrigerator inside the warehouse.
Three out of the 200 employees were treated at the scene, but refused transportation to an area hospital.
A special operations team was called to the scene where they stopped the leak and ventilated the building.
Crews determined that the leak was the result of a "failed gasket in a refrigerant piping system."
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
SPECIAL REPORT | Thousands of child care center inspections reports are NOW AVAILABLE. Find out what inspectors founds inside day care centers across the state.
SPECIAL REPORT | When it's out of your hands, when your life is at the mercy of an armed, masked man staring down at you from the barrel of a gun in your own home, you grasp at whatever it is you can control; breathing, composure, or faith.
SPECIAL REPORT | ABC2 Investigator Joce Sterman has reviewed thousands of pages of documents for her Bad Medicine report.