BEL AIR, Md. - About 2,200 BGE customers, including the Festival Shopping Center in Bel Air, were without power Wednesday afternoon in Harford County.
The Harford County Fire Department said it received calls of people smelling smoke in the area of the shopping center. They determined after responding that it was a BGE issue.
BGE spokeswoman Rachael Lighty said the cause of the outage was from a piece of equipment that malfunctioned while crews were performing planned maintenance.
Rich Gardiner, spokesman for the Harford County Fire and EMS Association, said traffic was moving slow in the area of the outages around Emmorton Road in Bel Air.
Lighty said that all customers had power restored by 7:30PM.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Buy Local Buy Maryland
Buy Local, Buy Maryland is a customer savings club that features locally owned businesses. Card holders can save money by shopping in the stores featured in this exclusive program!