RANDALLSTOWN, Md. - Arthur Noakes was painting his garage floor when he smelled smoke Friday morning.
"When I came out to the end of my driveway I saw smoke coming from the neighbors house next door," he said.
After trying to kick the front door in, he went around the house to try to open the back door. He then noticed a man and woman in their 30s sitting on the ground gasping for air.
He called 911, and the Fire Department and an ambulance responded.
The couple was taken to North West Hospital for smoke inhalation.
The fire was knocked down by 8:37 and under control by 8:45 a.m. said a Fire Department Spokesperson.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
SPECIAL REPORT | Thousands of child care center inspections reports are NOW AVAILABLE. Find out what inspectors founds inside day care centers across the state.
SPECIAL REPORT | When it's out of your hands, when your life is at the mercy of an armed, masked man staring down at you from the barrel of a gun in your own home, you grasp at whatever it is you can control; breathing, composure, or faith.
SPECIAL REPORT | ABC2 Investigator Joce Sterman has reviewed thousands of pages of documents for her Bad Medicine report.
More Baltimore County News